Tongkat Ali is commonly known as Eurycoma Longifolia. This plant is a native to Southeast Asian countries like Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
It is a medium-sized slender shrub that can reach 10 meters in height and is often unbranched.
This herb has been used in traditional medicine for hundreds of years to boost testosterone and improve overall sexual function.
Tongkat Ali extract is proven not only to boost your testosterone level but it also dramatically increases the ability to have satisfying sex.
Remember when you were in 20’s when you could eat whatever you wanted and still build muscles by simply doing a rep of push up a day? Or when you could party all night and not feel like shit and go to work the next morning?
This happened because at this age, your body is in full gear making testosterone and your level is at highest during your lifetime.
As we get older, our testosterone levels slowly begin to fall.
We start to lose muscles which in turn causes us to gain more body fat and of course, our sexual performance declines.
Cognitively, we tend to have mood disorders like depression, more irritable, grumpy and bipolar disorder.
All these symptoms are a common sign of a drop in testosterone level.
If you want to get back on track, you need to take optimal steps to move your back up into the normal optimal range.
What Is The Recommended Tongkat Ali Dosage?
Although dosage varies from person to person, the recommended starting dose is about the same for everyone.
The optimal Tongkat Ali dosage for ED is 100 mg to 300 mg to be taken once or twice a day as required.
Starting with the lowest dose and slowly working your way up to a higher dose is always a good idea to minimize the potential side effects.
High dose of this herb is likely to cause side effects such as irritability, aggressiveness, increase body temperature and insomnia.
Some expert suggests taking at least twice a day to keep blood levels of the compound elevated
It is suggested to take on an empty stomach, preferably 20 minutes before taking breakfast. Tongkat Ali can be taken orally or can be also added to a drink such as tea, water or juice.
This supplement is advisable not to take before bed as there are many reports of trouble sleeping immediately after taking Tongkat Ali.
After taking consistently for a month, you should notice higher sex drive, more confidence, and more aggression.
However, if you are not noticing any of these things then you are either not taking enough or the product is not legitimate.
Tongkat Ali works uniquely to build the testosterone levels in your body in 4 distinct ways
• It increased levels of luteinizing hormone in the plasma, which in turn increases testicular testosterone production.
• It shrinks the amount of your testosterone that is converted into estrogen. Too much of Estrogen in your blood and tissue can cause weight gain, loss of energy, and make difficult to add lean muscles to your body.
• It reduces cortisol, a type of stress hormone in the human body that slows down the immune system and lowers testosterone level in the process.
• It decreases your SHBG levels (sex hormone binding globulin)
Tongkat Ali Scientific Studies to Treat Erectile Dysfunction
Tongkat Ali is one of the popular herbs used to treat erectile dysfunction.
One study done in October 2012 on 109 participants with erection problem concluded that men who take 300 mg’s show a significant improvement in…
• Sexual libido
• Sperm quality and quantity
• High scores in the overall erectile function domain in IIEF (1)
How to Make Tongkat Ali tea
If you want to prepare your own Tongkat Ali root as an herbal tea for erection on demand problem, follow these simple steps
• Clean the skin of Tongkat Ali root with water
• Use a knife to thinly slice the root.
• Put 2g of a sliced root into a teapot and soak for about 1 hour.
• Place the teapot on the stove and cover the pot with a lid and cook for about 20 to 30 minutes
• Pour the boiling water into a tea cup and enjoy (You can put a tablespoon of honey of squeezed lemon juice to give you a better taste.
Tongkat Ali Tea Bag
• Bring one cup of fresh water to boil.
• Add 1 or 2 tea bags and steep 10 to 15 minutes. The longer you steep, the more effective it will be.
• You can add honey if desired.
• Pour brewed tea into a cup and enjoy.
Tongkat Ali root is also available as a powder in a capsule, sometimes mixed with other herbs.